Friday 6 July 2007

New commision

So beans sausage and egg and chips have now become political. Somebody raised the issue that unless the sausage was Halal the meal may not be appropriate for use with Muslim families. You can buy Halal Battered sausage from our chippy they are made of turkey and lamb,cooked in Palm oil so vegeterians can eat the cheese risoles. Spicy bean burgers at burger king are cooked in chicken fat and they have converted their delivery trucks to run on the old oil so their chicken burgers are delivered by chicken power but at least it's carbon neutral.

Everything especially food is political. I've asked an author I know to do an exersise where she rights a descriptive passage about eggs chips sausage and beans and then re-writes it while eating a plate full to see if multysensory proximity allows a closer rendition through words of objects .she is veggie but not Vegan (Like the rapper who can only ethically rap about chips and beans) So I talked to her about foods which tried to look and taste like meat and if this related to ideas of motif or symbol she is christian but not catholic. It made me remember transsubstanciation from when I did the reformation at school and I wondered if its just the fact I've started to frame my thinking through the lens of sausage, chips egg and beans but tonight the kids Dinasaur burgers took on a semiotic meaning which related to canoes and cargo and funtion and extintion and things which were made of meat trying to look like dinosours covered in breadcrumbs and things which were made of reconstituted fungal mould look like meat. I'm now going to watch the synthetic chiken scene from erasorhead I've not seen it for a while and it's a cracker - we must all watch the this is this scene from the dear hunter and the synthetic chicken scene from erasure head and if we are in the country the way sheep walk about the fields and leave traces - I like them lazy bastard sheep who sort of collapse their front legs to eat grass so they don't need to keep bending other. More wine - I wonder why those two London artists buggered off and set up their own blog last time - perhaps I was too much.

No comments: