Friday 14 September 2007


These apples are in the artemiss collection. I decided after yesterday that I've not really looked or interacted with the stuff in the collection its more the idea of the stuff being there rather than what it is- it's meta -stuff. So if I deconstruct my thinking and feelings about objects as becomings perhaps all the objects in the Artemiss collection are lost as they have no recorded provinence - perhaps this is what Benjamin means bv ritual. When we scored the stuff on the aura pro-forma it seemed to be about the point where the object meets the self the moment of interaction the material and the mental or as me and Kate now call it in honour of plane language the thoughts and the stuff. I spent many nights cutting up apples to try and teach my daughter about fractions. I once cut an apple into 56 equal pieces these apples have more aura for me because they remind me of this so I give them more value - do we have to make ourselves into psudo scietist and disregard the emotional or is this work about plotting the space between the personal and the outside. The inner and outer spaces and our relationship to the physical world through physical stuff. I collect stuff which I think may come in handy in the hope this will make me usefull.

3 comments:

kate g said...

ritual to me means - its unique function, not its provinence but its function as an artwork.
I also think the moment we connect is important, but also it makes the item feel valued, Ive got to save that brush, do you think i can kidnap it?

jojootje said...

Hello Steve,

Do you still have the apples? I have 'm too, but without the box, so i'm not sure how it works.

Could you send me a photo of the text in the box?
Please??

Nice holidays!!

jolanda
www.jojootje.nl

jojootje said...

can you please mail me the text of the box????