Tuesday 4 September 2007

Our Blog

Just looked back over the Blog and really like it. I have had a day clearing out all my shelves and emptying files of long dead projects. It sort of makes you feel happy to be rid of the junk but sad that you made such a good job of recording every aspect of everything because at some point someone suggested doing a case study but really all they wanted was a couple of soundbites saying how the arts had changed their lives and how everybody had really enjoyed it.

Anyway can't afford to be cynical so early in the year. I'm on the brink of deciding to revise my sausage egg chips and beans to a full English breakfast. this is triggered partly by the fact that Barney suggests we will have to cast individual beans but mainly by the idea of a full English breakfast been a thing people only eat in artificial situations like hotels or greasy spoons also it's the only breakfast which you can get "All Day" which is so directly link to breakfast as a meal that it can't become lunch or tea - the medium is the message it's a signifier which is not changed by temperol shift even late night after eight pints a breakfast bap from greasy vera's still remains breakfast. Actually I think it was about 4 am when I ate that so I suppose it was breakfast. So an iconic meal for an icon plus the fact it will be much easier to make which links to what I was saying about actually having to make something and when your directly involved in the materialisation of the materiality the judgements you make are affected by a different set of value choices.

2 comments:

Kate said...

I like this blog so much I have stopped doing mine and just do this as I got tired of hearing my voice.
I like this as I hear others' voices but it still goes on about what I am interested in.
Is Louise back from Hols yet?

spodsheff said...

yes she is back I've asked her to write a bit about the use of Blogs as a platform for personal and shared reflection so it may appear soon after she's caught up with her email backlog. I like your Blog Kate I sometimes look at it just to see what your up to and it aleays seems to involve foriegn travel.