Monday 21 January 2008

Nothing to Say

Funny thing Blogs when you have nothing to say. They are a bit like Kate P vanishing objects a bit lacking in function. I've had a busy distracted couple of weeks and it doesn't seem to be getting much better. It's supposed to be the most depressing day of the year with the worst reported rates of illness at work. It is a bit grey and as my workshop is very cold and large drips of water tend to drop onto the back of my head through gaps between broken floorboards and dislodged slates I think it's ok to catch up with the paperwork.

I have this time now which is real rather than imagined I really am going to clear my dairey for a month and make work for Artemis. To do this I'm trying to earn some money to have in the bank which is why I'm busy. The thing I like about this is it will give me chance to reflect on what work is and through discussion with Kate I think we have both decided that all our work when we are commisioned as artists (apart from some bits) is proper work but it is clearly different and this project is driven by more personal goals and aspirations rather than a direct relationship with a specific audience.

1 comment:

Kate said...

I liked this post which is about drips and floorboards and the value of everyday life.